Working Group - Beef Cattle
The consumption of beef and beef products have been on a steady rise over the last few years, while local beef production seems to have plateaued. Domestic cattle production is dominated by traditional smallholders who own on average 2-3 cattle – farmers who also have limited resources to provide the most effective care for cattle.
- Providing smallholders with infrastructure support, high quality animal feed to optimize weight gain and access to financing.
- Running capacity building programs in collaboration with vocational schools, internship opportunities and training at KIBIF’s facilities.
Impact: KIBIF, Great Giant Livestock
- Working with 8 education institutions
- 30 farmers participating
- 21 farmers adopting new technology
- PT Great Giant Pineapple (PT Gunung Sewu Kencana)
- Yayasan IRTI